Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chalk Board Gift Tags

Tis' the season for gift wrapping.

We all know, it's all about the packaging.  Why not start your wrapping with some reusable chalk board tags?


Head over to your local hobby store and check out the wooden shapes they have.  I bought mine for less than .40 cents a piece.  They have some really cool shapes, like the United States {one would think I might have a United States obsession, I assure you, I do not}.


Either you or your talented assistant can drill a hole into your wooden shape, to allow for a ribbon or twine to be looped through later.


Using some Chalk Board Spray Paint, give both the front and the back of the wooden shapes 2 coats of coverage.


Once dry, you have a blank canvas.


Grab some ribbon and some chalk.  Fill out your gift tag and attach it to a beautifully wrapped gift.


It doesn't even need to be on a Christmas gift.


I'll *chalk* this up to a Christmas miracle that at least 2 more presents are wrapped.

Link Party Websites

{T} * Be Inspired by Elizabeth and Co.   * Tutorials and Tips on Home Stories A 2 Z   * I gotta try that   * Tips and Tricks Tuesday at Stringtown Home  * Delicate Construction * The Winthrop Chronicles  * Open Call Tuesdays on Salt Tree * Adventures of a DIY MOM * Take a look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts * Blackberry Vine Tuesday To Do Party Coastal Charm * My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia  * Tip Junkie   

{W} *In Bloom Link Party *Adorned from Above * All Star Blogging Party *Well Crafted Wednesdays *What I Whipped Up Wednesdays * Homemade by You Wednesday * Whimsy Wednesdays  * Blue Cricket Design  * The Fun In Functional * What I learned Wednesday *   Home Happy Home * Someday crafts 

{TH} * Farm Girl Fest* Thursday Linky Party at Osie MoatsTaylor House ThursdayThursday's Temptation Link PartyDelightful OrderA Glimpse Inside  *  The Crafty Blogstalker * Made In a Day  * Somewhat SimpleA Little Knick Knack* House of Hepworth's * Chic on a Shoestring * 52 Mantels *
 

24 comments:

  1. PINNED! Love this. Now if I could only find that paint in spray form! NO ONE HAS IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Lowes has it, but I've never seen another store around here carry it.

      These are great, and I'm totally tempted to take the idea and make chalkboard state magnets.

      Delete
  2. Loved this idea Amy! And I actually love the US tag... it's unique and has an Anthro touch to it:P I'm my next trip to HL I'm going to look for it. Which craft store did you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need to borrow your talented assistant... Love these!! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous project! Would love to do that, but here you get neither chalkboard spray paint nor little pretty wooden tags... So I will just admire yours for a bit longer :-)
    Hugs
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like this idea Amy and to think this can be re-use after the holiday season...maybe to tag some boxes or baskets :) (it's not that i am telling you to take it from the person you give it to) lol!

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! I didn't think about the wooden signs already done! I luv the US one - I think I'm going to have to switch up Buckaroo's labels on his toy bins. I had some plain ones that are stickers but i think he would flip for the us ones. hobby lobby or michaels?

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are really cute. I do think you might be obsessed with the US...but there could be worst things to be obsessed with. Things like chalkboard paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome - add some of these to your etsy shop too - you know in your SPARE time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you may be in denial about the US obsession ;) these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute! Pinning. Also . . . I'm pretty sure you do have a United States obsession . . . just sayn' : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, you are a genius! that's such a great idea I'm pinning this as well. I love the idea of reusing them or giving the kids a piece of chalk you know they love the wrapping more anyway - At least my babies do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! I love ideas that involve reusing and this one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! And if you have 2 gifts wrapped...you are way ahead of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! What a fun idea. I need have my handy man to help me make some of these. I pinned them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great....and reusable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am certainly all over all thing spray painted with chalkboard spray paint! It's my go-to. Wonder how the dog would look with a few coats ...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea for Christmas gift tags!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! I am loving all your awesome ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...